Thursday 31 December 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I have actually managed to fulfill pretty much all the New Year's resolutions I made last New Year's. This is wrong. New Year's Resolutions are meant to be things you will actually never do, aren't they?
Let's be honest, New Year's resolutions should have become declassee by now. Haven't we all had enough of setting ourself challenges that will make us feel guilty or inadequate for the next 12 months? 
Apparantly not, if the diet pages in Grazia are anything to go by.
My list from last year was quite ambitious but not massively exciting - pass driving test, learn a foreign language, write more outside of work and other boring things. So this year I am going to make things more interesting.


Resolution 1/ Take a photography course - let's be honest, my pictures for this blog could do with a bit of work. Plus my dad has lent me a Canon EOS to play with and it would be nice to be able to take it off automatic and have something more than a colourful blur to show for my efforts.


Resolution 2/ Own some Chanel (see previous post)


Resolution 3/ Eat less - self explanatory but hardest to achieve


Resolution 4/ Meet more designers


Resolution 5/ Stop being intimidated by fashion parties and try to go to more of them


There are others, private ambitions that I won't share here because then I will just feel like an idiot if they don't come to fruition. 
The past year has had its ups and downs for all of us. But the fashion industry has had a particularly rocky year and, I think, is also in need of some serious resolutions that will help it move forward...


Resolution 1/ Please stop describing anyone over a UK size 6 as 'curvy'. It's insulting and alienates large numbers of women whose wardrobes could really benefit from some industry input. 


Resolution 2/ Take business classes. I don't think I need to list the number of companies that have gone under thanks to this recession, but some of these could really have been avoided with some proper business management. 


Resolution 3/ Move on from the 80s already.


PLease feel free to add you own in the comments box below. Hope you all have a lovely evening tonight and a very fruitful, satisfying and well-dressed New Year. 


1 comment:

  1. All resolutions from you are really very nice and inspiring... Thanks.

    r4 dsi

    ReplyDelete